INDY HOOPS, INC.
BOYS BASKETBALL LEAGUE
LEAGUE RULES 2018-2019
Grades 3, 4, 5 & 6
1. TEAM REQUIREMENTS
a. All players, coaches, bench personnel (maximum three coaches on bench) must be US Amateur Basketball members.
b. All players must reside in the same (defined) public school district that feeds into the same public high school. (see exception below in yellow).The school district must be a “defined” public school district. This means where the player would attend public high school this school year. If the school bus picked up the player, what public high school would the school bus deliver the player to this school year?
Exception: Open Enrollments players with the following documentation:
1. Open Enrollment players must submit a letter on school letter head confirming enrollment and grade level signed by the school principal. The original letter must be submitted to Indy Hoops by October 1, 2018
2. Indicate on the team roster which player is an Open Enrollment player.
3. Indy Hoops, Inc. has final approval of all Open Enrollment players.
4. All Open Enrollment players must play for the public school where they attend school with no exceptions.
Private school and home schooled players: Additional documentation to be submitted to Indy Hoops. See Page 2(h) for details.
c. Roster changes must be made by October 31, 2018
· No players can be added after October 31, 2018
NOTE: Any deviation from (b) or (c) above will result in the team being removed from the league. The league fee will not be refunded.
d. Indy Hoops reserves the right to accept or deny participation.
e. Rosters are limited to twelve players, a minimum of eight players. You can not roster a player on both A & B teams. Any player on a 3rd, 4th or 5th grade Indy Hoops team can play up.
f. Grades 4th– 6th : 4A basketball schools that are “5A or 6A” football schools must enter an “A” team before they can enter a “B” team in the same grade level unless approved by the Indy Hoops Board. Third Grade: ALL 4A basketball schools must have an “A” team before they can enter a “B” team.
INDY HOOPS, INC. LEAGUE RULES Page 2
1. TEAM REQUIREMENTS (Cont’d)
g. Player age requirements:
· 6th Grade League: All players must be 6th graders or below. They cannot be thirteen (13) before June 1, 2018.
· 5th Grade League: All players must be 5th graders or below. They cannot be twelve (12) before June 1, 2018.
· 4th Grade League: All players must be 4th graders or below. They cannot be eleven (11) before June 1, 2018.
· 3rd Grade League: All players must be 3rd graders or below. They cannot be ten (10) before June 1, 2018.
h. THE FOLLOWING TEAM PAPERWORK IS DUE BY OCTOBER 1, 2017:
(1) 2018-2019 Indy Hoops Team Roster (ALL TEAMS MUST SUBMIT)
(2) Grade Level & School Confirmation Form* (ALL TEAMS MUST SUBMIT)
*This form must be filled out completely with a School Official’s signature
“IMPORTANT” please read carefully: Every player on this form must be checked by a school official, varsity coaching staff or community organization to confirm the player’s attendance in their public school system and the player’s present grade level. Please note that your school official, coaching staff or community organization can not sign off on private school/home school players, FULL documentation must be submitted (see below).
For teams with home schooled players, private school players, open enrollment players, the below documentation must be submitted with the roster and school confirmation for each team.
Private school and home schooled players :
· Two current utility bills as proof of address.
· The private school player must submit a letter on the private school letterhead confirming address on file and grade level.
INDY HOOPS, INC. LEAGUE RULES Page 3
Open Enrollment Students:
(1) Player must submit a letter on school letterhead signed by the school principal confirming enrollment and grade level. The original letter must be submitted to Indy Hoops by 10/1/18
(2) Note on team roster which player is open enrollment student.
(3) Indy Hoops has final approval of all open enrollment players. Failure to provide the school letter or noting the open enrollment player on the roster will result in the player being removed from the team.
(4) All open enrollment players must play for the public school where they attend with no exceptions.
i. Please mail the above team paperwork by October 1, 2018 to:
Indy Hoops, Inc.
Attn: Debbie Hendren
5696 Broyles Road
Avon, IN 46123
TEAM PAPERWORK IS DUE COMPLETE ON OR BEFORE OCT. 1, 2018. IF THE TEAM PAPERWORK IS NOT RECEIVED COMPLETE BY OCT. 1, 2018, THE TEAM WILL NOT BE INCLUDED ON THE GAME SCHEDULE – NO REFUNDS.
j. It is your team’s responsibility to play ALL scheduled Indy Hoops league games and to
be on time. The game will be a forfeit if your team is not ready to play five minutes after
the scheduled start time. Any game cancellation, no show, etc. by an Indy Hoops league
team will eliminate the team from the Indy Hoops tournament. NO EXCEPTIONS, NO
REFUNDS. Any costs incurred by Indy Hoops or the host site for not showing up to play
will be accessed to your team. If not paid by the next game, your team will be removed
from the league.
2. 2018-2019 US AMATEUR BASKETBALL INSURANCE
a. Indy Hoops will administer the US Amateur Basketball team insurance
b. Flat Rate Team Membership (max. 12 players, 3 coaches/bench personnel) -- $100.00
c. Rosters to be submitted for all teams to Indy Hoops. Your team will not be cleared to participate on November 11, 2018 without a team roster on file.
d. Cheerleaders must provide their own insurance. Proof of Insurance to be submitted to Indy Hoops by October 1, 2018.
e. Insurance 3rd Party Liability Certificate will be sent upon RECEIPT of team roster.
f. Player check-in may occur at any time during the season.
INDY HOOPS, INC. LEAGUE RULES Page 4
3. HOST REQUIREMENTS
a. Two full size gyms with seating, scoreboards and clock
b. Gyms (host sites) must be confirmed to Larry Hendren by September 5, 2018
c. Two IHSAA referees per game. Host team is responsible for hiring and paying referees -
Budget $25 for each referee for each game
d. Scorebooks for each gym
e. Provide a cooler with a few bags of ice and a 1st Aid Kit
f. Host Site Director is to call Larry Hendren (317-501-6221 Cell) or e-mailthe game scores Sunday evening by 8:00 PM.
g. Admission Attendant
· Admissions 3rd – 6th grade: Same at all locations. Admissions $5.00 per person or $10.00 per family, 6 & Under Free. If playing at two locations, you have to pay at each location.
· Family means “immediate family” – it does not include aunts, uncles, cousins or grandparents
· The head coach, one assistant coach, and all players enter free. Cheerleaders in uniform along with one cheer coach enter free.
NOTE: CLOCK OPERATOR to be supplied by VISITING TEAM. HOME TEAM to supply the SCOREKEEPER and the Game Ball. Please inform your parents to use the scorebook supplied by the HOST team
Game Ball – minimum quality Wilson Evolution 28.5 circumference
We will send an email the week your school is hosting to the host site director. Please confirm back to us that you are set to host the games. We will then send the game schedule for your location.
4. GAMES (NO RUNNING CLOCK!!)
a. IHSAA rules with the following exceptions:
· Five minute warm-up
· Seven minute quarters – One minute between quarters
· Five minute half time
· Two minute overtime period
· No backcourt press or traps with a 20 point lead
b. Games are to start at their scheduled times not before. Allow 1 hour 15 minutes per game.
The game will be a forfeit if a team is not ready to play five minutes after the scheduled start time.
c. If games are cancelled due to weather, games will not be rescheduled.
INDY HOOPS, INC. LEAGUE RULES Page 5
4. GAMES (NO RUNNING CLOCK!!) – cont’d
d. THIRD GRADE **ONLY**
1. No back court defense (Press) except the last 3 minutes or overtime of the game. Man to Man
2. No double team outside the 3 point line except the last 3 minutes of the game
3. No Zone defense the entire game. Man to Man only
4. No press or half court trap with a 20 point lead in any quarter or overtime.
5. Free Throw shots from 15 feet – can cross the line. Can’t move toward the basket until the ball touches the rim.
6. Baskets will be set at 10 feet for all games
7. Players can be double teamed in the man to man press
8. The defensive player does not have to chase his player all over the floor
9. Help side defense can be played
10. Players can be double teamed inside the 3 point line the entire game
11. 6 minute quarters, 5 minute half time, 2 minute overtime
12. ALL 4A basketball schools must enter a “3A” team before they can enter a “3B” team.
a. Indy Hoops year end tournament will be blind draw with the host site teams place at their gyms.
b. Single Elimination Tournament
c. Every team will have at least one tournament game.
d. Indy Hoops Championship Sunday – February 24, 2019 at Avon High School
e. Tournament Admissions: $6.00 per person or $12.00 immediate family, 6 & under free
a. All teams to have reversible or two sets of uniforms with numbers on front and back.
Use only the following numbers: 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24,
25, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54 and 55.
b. No player can play without his uniform – NO EXCEPTIONS
c. No jewelry can be worn (rings, watches, earrings) No tape over earrings
INDY HOOPS, INC. LEAGUE RULES Page 6
7. CANCELLATION OF GAMES DUE TO WEATHER
L. Hendren will consult with Indy Hoops Board Members for decision to cancel league games due to weather. Game cancellations will be posted on the front page of the website by Sunday, 10:00 AM. Games will not be rescheduled.
8. SPORTSMANSHIP -- IMPORTANT -- Please read this to your Players and Parents
a. Every coach is responsible for the conduct of their assistant coaches, players, parents, and
b. If an official ejects a coach or player from a game, that coach or player will serve a one game suspension (the next league or tournament game). If the same player is ejected from two games, that player will be removed from the league.
c. If a coach, assistant coach or fan (from the same team) is ejected from two games, the
team will be removed from the league. There will be NO refunds.
d. If a fan/spectator is ejected they are finished and will not be allowed in any Indy Hoops event.
e. Indy Hoops is to be notified when anyone is ejected from the gym. The host site coach is to notify Larry Hendren of any unsportsmanlike conduct.
INDY HOOPS, INC. WILL STRIVE TO PROVIDE YOUR PLAYERS THE BEST POSSIBLE ENVIRONMENT TO PLAY BASKETBALL. WE STRESS GOOD SPORTSMANSHIP AND RESPECT FOR COACHES, OPPONENTS AND OFFICIALS. ANYTHING LESS IS NOT ACCEPTABLE AND WILL NOT BE TOLERATED. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE WITH THIS POLICY, THIS IS NOT THE LEAGUE FOR YOUR TEAM. COACHES, PLEASE TALK WITH YOUR PLAYERS AND PARENTS ABOUT THE IMPORTANCE OF GOOD SPORTSMANSHIP AT YOUR FIRST TEAM MEETING.